Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Project of the Day: Hair accessory board for Gracie

So Gracie's hair accessories were all in a basket and it was like fishing everyday to find matching ones, etc... I've been wanting to make some sort of board where I can see them all and have them organized... here's the visual process...

for some reason some of the pics are upside down even though I fixed my file... so weird.. sorry about that...

materials:
  • an old box (fairly large) I cut two sides of a box from Costco (my favorite superstore)
  • an old large t-shirt (cut two peices front and back) to fit the size of the cardboard you desire
  • fabric (enough to cover)
  • ribbon you desire 
  • hot glue gun



First of all I glued the two box sides together then stretched the first shirt piece over and glued the edges around the board as tight as possible so there are no bumps on the front. Repeat with the second shirt piece.




 Next I did the same with the fabric piece and glued all the sides as tight as I could...  


 

 Next I took one end of the ribbon and glued it at an angle near one of the corners. I tried to measure by looking at the front to see where I wanted it positioned. Okay since I'm cheap and lazy (ie:didn't want to go out and get another spool of the sparkly ribbon I cut each time I glued on the edge. You can keep wrapping it around as you glue if you like... Anyways, wrap in front and glue on the other side edge to make diagnal lines as shown below.

Now criss-cross the front side and do the same .


 This is how it should look when you're done with that part
 

 


Now glue underneith each place it crosses both under the bottom ribbon
and on top of the bottom ribbon to get this as secure as possible. I used scissors to keep from
burning my fingers...



If you don't have a sewing machine you can do the following with a hot glue gun and the rest of the ribbon instead of fabric. I on the other hand, ran out of sparkly ribbon so I improvised with fabric


 























No comments:

Post a Comment